[GLLUG] Lansing Makers Network

Jonathan Billings billings at negate.org
Thu Jun 27 09:23:48 EDT 2013

On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 09:25:05PM -0400, Richard Houser wrote:
> Gotta make this fair.  Make it a show of hands that would attend at this
> location and not Schullers -- and also the reverse (for any reason, even if
> just the longer drive time, lack of barista, etc.).

If you really wanted to make it fair, you should make sure that the
meeting is open to *everyone* who wants to attend.  Ensuring a safe
and welcoming environment should be a core task of setting up a
meeting.

Just because you don't feel unsafe doesn't mean everyone feels the
same way.  I'll admit, the Maker space sounds really interesting, but
do you really want to meet there at the cost of excluding part of the
group's membership?