[GLLUG] Mail server showing results in search engine.

Charles Ulrich charles at bityard.net
Tue May 21 10:49:12 EDT 2013

Yes, all of the messages to the GLLUG mailing list are publicly
archived here: http://mailman.egr.msu.edu/mailman/public/linux-user/ The
mailing list software (mailman) minimally obfuscates the senders' email
addresses somewhat. But the link you posted was to an attachment to a
message, which mailman doesn't scan for addresses. I'm not concerned, I
have a good spam filter.

And if this could be fixed or removed, there would still be copies out
there on The Internet forever, at places like archive.org and probably
various third-party mailing list archives. I once heard it said that
trying to get something off the Internet is like trying to get pee out
of a swimming pool. Once it's in there, it's in there. :)

Charles