[GLLUG] Mail server showing results in search engine.

Jordan Robison jordan.robison at gmail.com
Tue May 21 11:25:59 EDT 2013

I once slayed a unicorn Charles you were there! Why not use an ...argh okay
accepted.  I just it was always locked down. I am sure I will remember
something about this being open later in time. I have worked 70 hours
straight for the last few days while fasting....I think I should sleep.

On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 9:49 AM, Charles Ulrich <charles at bityard.net> wrote:

> Yes, all of the messages to the GLLUG mailing list are publicly archived
> here: http://mailman.egr.msu.edu/**mailman/public/linux-user/<http://mailman.egr.msu.edu/mailman/public/linux-user/>The mailing list software (mailman) minimally obfuscates the senders' email
> addresses somewhat. But the link you posted was to an attachment to a
> message, which mailman doesn't scan for addresses. I'm not concerned, I
> have a good spam filter.
>
> And if this could be fixed or removed, there would still be copies out
> there on The Internet forever, at places like archive.org and probably
> various third-party mailing list archives. I once heard it said that trying
> to get something off the Internet is like trying to get pee out of a
> swimming pool. Once it's in there, it's in there. :)
>
> Charles
>

> On 2013-05-21 10:38, Jordan Robison wrote:
>
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> Long time , no see deal. I found this interesting and thought I would
>> share this.
>> For some odd reason I thought about searching for my email address
>> through Google just to see what would come up. Wouldnt you know it was
>>
>> emails from this news letter. Is our email public to everyone? If so,
>> I find this irritating and would ask for this to get fixed. Try it
>> your self with your own let me know what you come up with. Here is one
>> example ( you can search mine to since you know
>>
>> it): http://mailman.egr.msu.**edu/mailman/public/linux-user/**
>> attachments/20080109/8d6bd536/**attachment-0001.html<http://mailman.egr.msu.edu/mailman/public/linux-user/attachments/20080109/8d6bd536/attachment-0001.html>
>> [1]

Jordan Robison