[GLLUG] Website Featured on Slashdot

Chick Tower c.e.tower at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 23:26:00 EST 2013

Since I buy an individual health plan, and my current one will be
cancelled as of the end of the year, I checked out this site:

http://www.thehealthsherpa.com/

It's amazingly fast, even on dial-up!  (I didn't notice any ads, so
that's probably why; cringely.com was amazingly fast for the brief
period he went without ads.)  I had heard that healthcare.gov only shows
premiums for ages 29 and 50 (big help there), but this one changes the
premiums every time I change the age.  You would still have to buy
through healthcare.gov to get the subsidies, but this can at least give
you an (accurate?) idea of premiums and subsidies you qualify for, and
the plans.
--

                                Chick