[GLLUG] Debian Dependencies

Chick Tower c.e.tower at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 22:13:08 EDT 2014

On 08/29/2014 03:24 AM, Robert J. Clay wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 28, 2014 at 1:48 PM, Chick Tower <c.e.tower at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Because all I wanted was a small distro that had GRUB 2, I installed the
>> Debian stable (Wheezy) network installation on a PC. ....
>
>> I have no plans to connect Debian to any network.  Do any of you know of a
>> way or a program or something that would allow me to download the packages
>> for a browser (or any package, really) and its dependencies, so that I could
>> then transfer them via a thumb drive to the Debian installation  ....
>
>     Have you taken a look at apt-offline?

That looks like exactly the kind of thing I was asking for, Robert.
Thanks.  I don't know yet if I'll actually use it, as I've come up with
something else to try, and I would have to get this onto the machine
without a network attachment, but I figured Debian users must have come
up with something like this.
--

                                Chick