[GLLUG] PXE Debian install problem

Don Bosman dbosman at msu.edu
Fri Jan 10 16:25:02 EST 2014

I didn't comment earlier as a lot of people know a lot more about
network configuration than I do. I have some experience with PXE boot
machines.
Did you use a cross over cable for connecting the target to the host? If
you connect through a switch, that isn't needed, but NIC to NIC, it
usually is.
PXE boot normally uses TFTP or similar and normally after grabbing an IP
address it seeks out the first available TFTP server. If you have
multiple hosts you can specifiy the TFTP server.

This site has helped me.  http://www.ltsp.org/

Don Bosman