[GLLUG] Compiling Linux & Distros

Clay Dowling clay at lazarusid.com
Wed Jan 29 10:56:27 EST 2014

On 01/29/2014 10:53 AM, Mike wrote:
> No reply.  I take it you people compile packages yourself, or download
> compiled forms.
>

> On 1/28/2014 3:14 PM, Mike wrote:
>> Anybody compiled a linux distro before?  How difficult?  What languages
>> are used?  Any web links to the tools/documentation?

We don't tend to build our own distros.  It's a major undertaking.  We
do it at work, but it's a home brewed process that looks suspiciously
like the OpenBSD build world process (because originally it was our
OpenBSD build setup).  For most people there's not a huge need to roll
your own distro.

Clay