[GLLUG] Compiling Linux & Distros

Richard Houser rick at divinesymphony.net
Wed Jan 29 12:04:08 EST 2014

Avoid rebuilding everything yourself if possible.  Find a well maintained distro that is close, and use a compatible build infrastructure to rebuild and package or simply patch the parts you need.  At work, this is about 200 packages, but I run more modern stuff at home, so that is usually under 30.  Add a single package to setup you overriding repo and it's very much like your own distro without the needless work.