[GLLUG] Gyges for all

Jason L. Froebe jason.froebe at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 16:06:36 EDT 2014

Whenever I hear "Government grade" software of any kind, I think of the ADA
language and EDI.   ;-)

jason

On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 2:18 PM, Stanley Mortel <mortel at cyber-nos.com>
wrote:

> From SANS.  Very reassuring.
>
> --Government Grade Malware Used in Criminal Attacks
> (July 17 & 18, 2014)
> Researchers at Sentinel Labs say that "government grade malware,"
> originally created for espionage purposes, is in the hands of people
> with malicious intent, who are incorporating the malware's strengths
> into rootkits and ransomware. The particular malware is called Gyges.
> It adds sophistication to attacks because of its methods to evade
> detection and the ways in which it sneaks onto systems.
> http://www.zdnet.com/government-grade-malware-in-hacker-hands-7000031765/
> http://www.darkreading.com/government-grade-stealth-
> malware-in-hands-of-criminals/d/d-id/1297362?
>

> Stan

To stay young requires unceasing cultivation of the ability to unlearn old
falsehoods. -- Lazarus Long, "Time Enough For Love"