[GLLUG] [OT] HDMI to old analog TV - options?

David Lee Lambert davidl at lmert.com
Sat Jul 26 21:28:38 EDT 2014

Not very Linux-related, except that I'd run into the same issues using a
Raspberry Pi...

A relative gave us a Blu-Ray player and HDMI cable.  The player has 3
ports: Ethernet, coax digital audio, and HDMI.  Problem is, we only have
a big CRT analog TV with one RF input and one working set of RCA inputs.
(We also have an extra VGA CRT monitor, but it's much smaller.).

Is there such a thing as a converter from HDMI to three RCA ports for
video and right and left audio? Or is HDMI a video-only port? Is there
such a thing as a converter from HDMI to channel 3/4 RF? If anyone has
tried both, which worked better? Can anyone relate a good (or bad)
experience with any particular brand? How much should I expect to pay
for such a thing?

DLL