[GLLUG] system tools and updates

Andy Ball physicsnarf at gmail.com
Sat Sep 6 21:58:17 EDT 2014

Hey everybody,

Looking for some help and tips. I am currently running Ubuntu 12.04 (64bit)

I am having some crash issues lately and suspect Hard drive or CPU issues
are there tools that are recommended to help identify what the problem
might be. Not the best with command line so graphical tools are desired.

I am looking at upgrading from 12.04 to 14.04 I leaning towards fresh
install.  My main concern is keeping Virtual Box machines from breaking
most of them are on an external drive is there something I need to be aware
of and back up.

Thanks, Andy