[GLLUG] I had an idea, now, How to Find a good developer?

Chick Tower c.e.tower at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 14:45:41 EST 2015

On 02/02/2015 01:43 PM, Patrick Goupell wrote:
> OK, I will be the first to ask,
>
> So what is your idea?
>
>    How can we help / answer you?

Maybe Peter doesn't want to give too much information so that nobody
else uses his idea.  Maybe he needs a non-disclosure agreement (NDA).

Peter, web hosting seems to be fairly easy to acquire, so maybe you
should focus on finding a developer you can trust, and maybe an NDA.
You called your idea a website/app.  By app, do you mean one for mobile
devices or a desktop program, or both?  How you answer this might
determine what kind of developer to consult or hire.

If you're worried about someone else using your idea, an NDA might be
necessary.  I know a guy in St. Louis, Missouri, who came up with an
idea for a furniture store open only on weekends, since that is when
most furniture is purchased and when people have time to shop for
furniture.  He and his twin brother even had a name for it, Weekends
Only, and he mentioned that to me.  A furniture store named Weekends
Only began running TV commercials in St. Louis sometime after that, and
I saw him a few years later and asked if that was his store.  He said
no, the furniture company they approached to find out more information,
or maybe to even partner with them, implemented their idea on their own
after meeting with them.

Now, all that being said (written), I have no experience with NDAs,
building websites, or even using mobile apps.  It sounds, though, like
you'll need to find someone you can trust, even if only because of an
NDA, to discuss your project.
--

                                Chick