[GLLUG] Linux Certification Training

Robert Youngs, Jr. ryoungs at liquidweb.com
Wed Jun 3 16:02:37 EDT 2015

I would say anyone interested working for LW should meet the following
criteria:

1. Familiarity with CentOS or other RH-based Linux distros (daily user
of Fedora, etc)
2. Strong familiarity with command line interface (some GUI work is
done, but it's 85% command line)
3. Possess ability to learn, adapt, and overcome (you'll have help, but
thinking critically on your own is a big plus)
4. Strong verbal communication skill and a good vocabulary (dealing with
customers on the phone takes patience and it helps if you know how to
work a phone call).
5. Commitment to good time management (techs are expected to handle a
larger workload as they gain experience
6. Willingness to work and thrive in a relaxed atmosphere

If anyone has specific questions, feel free to ask me directly, however,
I can only divulge so much since all employees are required to sign an NDA.

Robert Y.