[GLLUG] Planning Meeting Days

Chick Tower c.e.tower at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 12:44:13 EDT 2015

I'm happy that there are still people who want to attend GLLUG meetings.
  Several people said the scheduling was inconvenient for them.  I had
chosen Tuesdays because it seemed like the day that would get the
greatest attendance, but it leaves some people unable to attend.  I
would like to propose that we have a variable schedule, so that everyone
is able to attend one meeting or another.  If two meetings a month are
still a goal, we could have one on a weekend and one on a weekday.  We
could even vary it each month, maybe alternating between a couple of
days, sliding a day each month, or set a fixed date of the month and let
it fall on whatever day of the week that it does.  We could even have
three or four meetings a month, each on a different weekday, and whoever
can come, comes.  We could meet in different locations, too, or choose
just one for every meeting.  I'm just throwing out some ideas here; what
do you who would like to attend think?  What suggestions do you have?

I know it might seem complicated, but between the GLLUG website, the
GLLUG calendar, and this mailing list, it should be possible to keep
interested parties informed as to when meetings are.  I also realize
this might fracture GLLUG into different groups, depending on who can
make meetings on which days at which locations.  It seems, though, that
having meetings on one day of the week (Tuesday) each month wasn't
working for most people.  And a few people have told me that weekend
meetings would be much easier for them to attend that meetings on
weeknights.

Anyway, please let me/us know what you think of this, and any better
suggestions you may have.
--

                                Chick