[GLLUG] expanding Europe's Linux Presentation Day to the US

Hauke Laging hauke.laging at linux-presentation-day.org
Thu Dec 8 21:53:47 EST 2016

Hello,

in May 2015 Berlin's Linux user group (BeLUG) has started a new type of event
which has spread quickly all over Europe: the Linux Presentation Day (LPD)

2015.1: Berlin only
2016.1 & 2016.2: 120+ cities in 15 countries
2017.1: first locations outside Europe (Canada, New Zealand, probably more)

I contact you because we intend to expand the LPD beyond Europe next year.

The aim of the LPD towards the general public is to provide biannual and
comprehensive information events about Linux for private users who would like
to get a first impression of Linux.

The aim towards the media is to make the event so big (both nationally and
internationally) that the nationwide non-IT media cover it regularly.

The aim towards the Linux community is that an LPD event can be so small and
easy to organize (even without costs) that really everyone can try to organize
an event with good chances of success. The local organizers decide on their
own what their event shall be like; we just make suggestions and offer
support.

You can find a longer description of the concept here:

http://www.linux-presentation-day.org/idea/

Are you as an organization interested in participating in the LPD? If not: Are
any of your members interested in helping us bring the LPD to the US?

This event is very useful for finding new LUG members.

Best regards,

(Mr.) Hauke Laging
--
http://www.linux-presentation-day.org/

International phone contact for the Linux Presentation Day:
     tel:+49-30-55579620 (13:00–23:00, German and English)

XMPP (Chat with OTR): linux-presentation-day at jabber.ccc.de
   OTR: 91626899 1C06F2BD 75EC2441 35C696CE 38F75997