[GLLUG] Lattice tool chain on Linux

Michael P. Flaga michael at flaga.net
Tue Feb 16 13:50:17 EST 2016

I am trying to use Lattice Semiconductor IceCube2 tool chain to synthesis
some FPGA code. Originally the application is on Windows, but is advertised
to have an install for Linux. Not being a effective Linux person this is
where I get stuck.

I can download a huge tgz and pack it to a single filename of
"iCEcube2setup_Oct_14_2015_1508" Looks like an ELF header. But when I run
it, I get the following errors.

mpflaga at mpflaga-VirtualBox:/tmp/mozilla_mpflaga0$ sudo
./iCEcube2setup_Oct_14_2015_1508

sudo: unable to execute ./iCEcube2setup_Oct_14_2015_1508: No such file or
directory

Not sure If I am even supposed to run it. I did find an install guide. It
simply stated download it and execute it.

I also find a statement that it was only tested to work on Red Hat
Enterprise workstation 4.

Again being a linux novice, but I think that costs money, and thinking
fedora would be equivalent, I tried it on latest Fedora and also Ubuntu
VM's.

Can anyone set me straight?

Michael P. Flaga, michael at flaga.net