a Newbie question ? about Apache

Sean picasso@madflower.com
Mon, 24 Apr 2000 09:49:58 -0400 (EDT)

Just a thought. Apache changed its config file, for host information
so if you are using an old config file with the new version of apache it
wont work correctly. I don't recall exactly what they were but I know the
Virtual Servers part changed.

Also, check your logs. They are located in /var/log on RH by default. It
should be giving you some sort of error either when you restart apache
/etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd restart
or when you try to access the page at your ip.

Apache also looks up your servername by using reverse dns lookups so you
have to make sure they match or you have to override/change this setting.
which means you might have to set up your machine as a virtual host.

Sean