Funky hardware problem

Paul Melson melson@scnc.holt.k12.mi.us
Sat, 5 Aug 2000 16:06:15 -0400

On Sat, Aug 05, 2000 at 10:59:41AM -0400, Alan Garrison wrote:
> Is anyone familiar with this kind of problem, and
> do you know if its the motherboard or not?  I'm
> going to be fscking pi55ed if I have to get another
> one.

	In the CMOS, what's the typematic rate set to?
	I had an older (Socket 3) AMI BIOS motherboard
	that, when the battery died, defaulted the
	typematic rate to 2, which is unbearably slow.

	Also, did you take the KVM switch out of the
	loop?  (that was unclear in your message)
	I've never seen that exact problem, but it
	could be a factor.  I've got a KVM that, if
	you switch it too fast the keybd won't respond
	at all, even though video is fine.

	Also, is it PS/2 or 5-pin DIN?

PaulM

--