my linux box again

Mr Coffee vegis@hotmail.com
Thu, 24 Aug 2000 22:00:39 GMT

ben wrote:

>Next: I'm confused about these errors you report.  They're coming
>from the Linux kernel, or from the installation program, or from
>the BIOS, or what?  What is the exact text of one of them?

well here is what i do. i boot up from the boot floppy i made. it give me a
menu of different installs. i type at the 'boot:" prompt "linux hdb=cdrom"
to make sure it knows where my cdrom is and that should also tell it i want
to cdrom install. it enters the graphical installer. it asks for my language
and the keyboard type. so i enter those. then when i get an error that says
"I could not find a Red Hat Linux CDROM in any of your CDROM devices. please
insert the Red Hat CD and press 'ok' to retry". and i do notice that when
the kernel and installer are loading that it does say hdb=my cd rom info. so
it thinks its there i just get that message in the installer. doesn't make
much sence to me. maybe the cd is bad?