crossover cable (fwd)

Jeremy Paul Bowers bowersj2@pilot.msu.edu
Sat, 23 Dec 2000 23:48:47 -0500 (EST)

>Ben Pfaff, you said. . .
>>That's not a crossover cable.  Crossover cables will be labeled
>>as such.  I don't know if they're commonly sold over-the-counter;
>>whenever I've needed one I've wired one myself.  Anyone know of a
>>local source?
>
>Digilink on Grand River in Okemos had one.  Best Buy and the like do not.
>(Although I was surprised that when I asked whether they had one, I did _not_
>get a blank stare; this is unusual.)  They're actually a challenge to locate.
>
>Still, a hub is probably the way to go.  You may only be hooking up one
>computer now, but odds are quite high that at some time in the future, you will
>be hooking something else up to it.  It happened to me already :-)

OK, now that I've made myself look like a COMPLETE idiot, here's the message I
meant to send.  I hit reply, mailed the message to Ben accidentally, changed to
my sent folder, tried to bounce but hit the pecularity in Pilot where neither
delete nor backspace works in title or To: fields, and got my pointer rolled
down to the message I sent to Ben apologizing to him for sending a message to
him instead of the list.

Please don't kill me.  I'm not usually this bad.  (I'm having a bad e-mail
day.)

- Jeremy Bowers  jerf@jerf.org  http://www.jerf.org -
- http://irights.editthispage.com :                 -
-   * Eternal Vigilance is the Price of Freedom *   -