Reminder: GLLUG meeting Wednesday (7/19) at Atmosphere Annealing, 6:00pm

Adam bsdx@looksharp.net
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 12:13:54 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 17 Jul 2000, Edward Glowacki wrote:

>On Mon, 17 Jul 2000, Alan Garrison wrote:
>> *Also*, as a result of Tim Owen's offer from Friday, I now
>> own a nifty laptop. :)  This means that whoever has mega-
>> bandwidth, I can now bring the laptop and download ISO images
>> for me to burn.  I have a nice 6 gig partition just for
>> storing large files.  I would like to schedule some time
>> with anyone with a fat pipe to download some various
>> ISO's.
>
>Uh oh!  Do I sense a "my bandwidth can beat up your bandwidth" fight
>coming on here?  ;)  "Hey Alan, come use *my* mega-bandwidth!"
>"No Alan, come use my *uber*-mega-bandwidth!"  "No Alan, my
>uber-uber-mega-bandwidth is better!!"

Hmm, does anyplace besides MSU have mega-bandwidth around East Lansing?  I
dont think it even qualifies for *uber*-mega-bandwidth until we get a
oc-12 to umich like that pretty planned changes pdf on www.mich.net shows
:)  Unless of course you count places with 100btx or gigabit access points
to local mirrors ;0