Way off topic: NT question

Brendan Guenther guenthe8@msu.edu
Tue, 6 Jun 2000 11:32:53 -0400 (EDT)

I would try searching MS Download site for shlwapi.dll and then install
whatever update you need to get the latest version.  Sometimes updating
DLLs one at a time is a bad idea.

My brain isn't parsing what exactly that DLL should be doing... but if you
already know, try turning off the services related to that DLL and update
it then.  Last resort, boot to VGA Mode and try updating it then.

Note to update a DLL you should run regsvr32 /u shlwapi.dll first to
unregister the current one before trying to copy over it.  That could
cause your problem right there.  Then register the new one with regsvr32
shlwapi.dll.

But again, I wouldn't do this piecemeal... there is likely an upgrade pack
of some kind that your more current version came with.  Install that and
you'll get other goodies too.  (And more security holes too probably.) :-)

--
Brendan Guenther
guenthe8@msu.edu