GNOME

Tim Schmidt computer_holic@hotmail.com
Sat, 24 Jun 2000 08:54:09 PDT

Don't worry about it Ben, advice is advice.  However, there is a packaged
version for my distro, I've even installed it, but the previous X server
(v3.3.6) is still installed and insists on running upon startup.  There
should be a relatively simple fix for this, I'm just too new to know what it
is.

Also, I realise that I would have more control from a text based login that
doesn't start X when it boots, but this is my fun box and I like to try out
new stuff on it (like the latest GNOME, and XFree86 4).

--Tim