libmikmo and xmms

Marcel Kunath kunathma@pilot.msu.edu
Tue, 23 May 2000 09:35:44 -0400 (EDT)

Got a small tip by a guy and it worked.

I had libmikmo installed on the machine. I compiled xmms but it wouldn't
compile the mikmod plugin.

The error was:
> checking for libmikmod-config... (cached) no
> checking for libmikmod - version >= 3.1.5... no
> *** The libmikmod-config script installed by libmikmod could not be found
> *** If libmikmod was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
> *** your path, or set the LIBMIKMOD_CONFIG environment variable to the
> *** full path to libmikmod-config.

Problem was that it had on the first compile created a config.cache file not
recognizing libmikmo. I had then installed libmikmo. It still read the cache
file. All I need to do is delete the cache file. On the next ./configure
--with-gnome=no command it actually read my system config instead of the cache
file.

duh.

 -- Marcel Kunath