Virtual Hosting

Mike Szumlinski szumlins@pilot.msu.edu
Mon, 2 Oct 00 13:08:56 -0400

Okay, I have another question for those of you out there that know a
lot...
I think I've asked this before, but it was just curiosity, not an actual
want to do this.
Here goes...

I have a TCI Met account that I have 1 IP for. I have several machines
running behind this IP via a Redhat 6.2 box doing IPMasq. It also runs a
webserver and a ftp server. What I would like to do is put another box
behind my 6.2 box (with the real IP) and have the outside world be able
to reach it by going to http://blah.monkey-dance.com instead of
www.monkey-dance.com. I am aware that my DNS host has to add an alias for
blah.monkey-dance.com, but how do I make Apache/Linux or whatever service
I need tell any requests for blah.monkey-dance.com to go to a 192.168.x.x
IP behind my router. Any suggestions?

-Mike

|Mike Szumlinski           |
|Michigan State University |
|A26079565                 |
"The future is no place to place your better days" -DMB