Debian, Apache, plus CGI execute problem

Dpk dpk@egr.msu.edu
Mon, 16 Oct 2000 09:31:20 -0400

On Sun, Oct 15, 2000 at 11:40:08PM -0400, Nick Lewis wrote:

   Ok. I've got a system running Debian Woody with:

   Linux linux 2.2.17 #1 Sun Jun 25 09:24:41 EST 2000 i586 unknown

   Apache 1.3.12

   Apache, perl, php, etc modules all install with debs.

   I have looked though the Apache docs, php docs, Debian docs, the
   Apache +mods mini-howto and I must be missing something (other than
   a brain at this point).

   The error in error.log is:

   [Sun Oct 15 22:20:22 2000] [error] (8)Exec format error: exec of
   /home/www/mail/test.php3 failed
   [Sun Oct 15 22:20:22 2000] [error] [client a.b.c.d] Premature end of
   script headers: /home/www/mail/test.php3

   I have my Doc root set to /home/www/

   I have the cgi and php modules in my httpd.conf and apache isn't
   complaining that it can't find the modeules when I use "apachectl
   configtest". The files are set to have execute and the directory has
   "Options All" set in the httpd.conf.

   My mime.types says for php:

   application/x-httpd-php                         phtml pht php php3 php4
   application/x-httpd-php3                        php3
   application/x-httpd-php3-source                 phps
   application/x-httpd-php3-preprocessed           php3p
   application/x-httpd-php4                        php4
   application/x-httpd-php4-source                 phps
   application/x-httpd-php4-preprocessed           php4p

   So, I can not get php (and i've tried perl also) scripts to run,
   but I have run out of ideas. Has anyone else seen this problem and
   figured out how to fix it? Any ideas or pointers? Thanks. Nick.

Do you have this in your httpd.conf ?

AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php3
AddType application/x-httpd-php .phtml