Administrivia

Ben Pfaff pfaffben@msu.edu
15 Sep 2000 09:53:42 -0400

Edward Glowacki <glowack2@msu.edu> writes:

> At the meeting on Wednesday we discussed purchasing a stack of
> business cards.  The purpose of these is so that every GLLUG member
> that wants to can carry a small supply of these around to pass out
> to interested people.  These would contain the following information:
>
> [Penguin Logo]				http://www.gllug.org
> Greater Lansing 			contact@gllug.org
> Linux User's Group (GLLUG)
>
> We could do a different logo, I just figured our friendly little
> penguin would be a good start. =)

Sounds like a good idea.  We could prototype these on laser-print
business cards like I make for myself.  If you want the LaTeX
file that I use for them then I'll send it out.

> Also, is contact@gllug.org correct?  If so, who receives that
> email?

Hmm.

blp:~(0)$ ssh root@gllug.org
Enter passphrase for RSA key 'blp@pfaffben':
[...]
gllug:~# tail /etc/aliases
qmaill: root
qmailp: root

mailer-daemon: postmaster

blp: pfaffben@msu.edu
webmaster: szidikm@mlc.lib.mi.us
installfest: glowack2@msu.edu
contact: glowack2@msu.edu
secretary: WebsterR@atmosphereannealing.com
gllug:~# logout
Connection to gllug.org closed.
blp:~(0)$

> My sister mentioned some place downtown Lansing that has a special
> on business cards, something like $15 for 500.  As I understand
> it, we would just have to give the appropriate info and they'd lay
> it out on the cards, presumably from a template.

Oh, I see.  Hmm, presumably they'd show us a mock-up before
making 500 of them?

> Anyways, it sounds like a good deal to me and I'm having my
> sister pick up some more info about what exactly we need to
> supply them with.  If there are any other suggestions about
> where to get business cards, let me know.

> Installfest
>
> Are we still interested in doing an Installfest this fall?

I'm swamped right now so I might not be able to participate.

--
"I want more Keith!"