Compaq Armada M700?

Ben Pfaff pfaffben@msu.edu
03 Apr 2001 15:33:04 -0400

Hi guys.  I'm considering buying a Compaq Armada M700 laptop from
a friend of mine.  I'm wondering if any of you have personal
experiences with GNU/Linux on such or similar laptops.  I've
already seen some of the webpages on them, which make it sound
like 'most everything will work, even the modem (possibly).

Here's the configuration direct from my friend:

    Compaq Armada M700.  Its [sic] the highest model Compaq made.

    Specs:
    12GB HDD
    8MB Rage Mobility Video
    14.1" TFT
    PIII 500Mhz
    192 MB RAM
    4X DVD w/TV Out
    Integrated Intel 10/100 MiniPCI Ethernet Card
    Integrated 56k v.90 modem (Lucent Chipset I believe)
    2 PCMCIA Slots
    On the back:  IR, Serial, Parallel, Monitor, USB, and
    Keyboard/Mouse
    (ps/2)

By the way, the price he's offering me for it is $1700.  Does
this look like a good deal to you guys?  I don't know a lot about
laptop pricing.

--
"The sound of peacocks being shredded can't possibly be
 any worse than the sound of peacocks not being shredded."