kde and windowmaker

Edward Glowacki glowack2@msu.edu
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 09:32:07 -0400

OK, I got sick of the default KDE window manager again. I tried
going back to WindowMaker, and now I realize why I wasn't using it
already.  For some reason when I start KDE with WindowMaker, I get
a huge window titled "KDE Desktop" which acts like KDE (right mouse
brings up KDE menu, etc.), and it has a WindowMaker border on it.
When I shrink the window, I get the normal WindowMaker desktop.
I can switch virtual desktops via windowmaker, but the KDE task
bar only appears on the first one, and the KDE pager only shows
one desktop.  Somehow KDE and Windowmaker aren't communicating
well.  Any thoughts on how to fix this problem, or suggestions as
to an alternative window manager that works with KDE/GNOME?

--
Edward Glowacki			glowack2@msu.edu
Michigan State University