Window managers

Dpk dpk@egr.msu.edu
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 09:28:46 -0400

On Tue, Apr 10, 2001 at 09:53:26PM -0400, Ben Pfaff wrote:

   [snip]
   Strangely enough, I've been finding X much more usable on my new
   laptop than on my desktop.  I think it has something to do with the
   screen itself.  I find it really hard to stare at bright white
   windows on a CRT, but not nearly so bad on this TFT.  Maybe the TFT
   just looks more like a sheet of paper, with less "glow" than a CRT.

I agree.  That is why I use a simple black background, black
backgrounded xterms with off-white text.  Eye-candy would make me go
cross-eyed when working 10 hours a day on a computer.  I only use a
window manager to manage a ton of windows, nothing more!

Dennis