First LUG meeting of 2002

Marr marr@shianet.org
Mon, 31 Dec 2001 03:02:17 -0500

On Friday 28 December 2001 02:23pm, Edward Glowacki wrote:
> Even though I'm not really in charge, I'm going to declare the first
> LUG meeting of 2002 to be:
>
> When:   Wednesday, January 9, 6:00pm
> Where:  Location TBA (Roger, Mark, Anyone?)
> What:   General discussion of Linux stuff
>         Discussion of possible LUG projects
>         Maybe a presentation if I can think of something... =P
>         Q&A session
>         Refreshments
>
> We haven't had one in quite a while.  It's going to be pretty
> much whoever shows up shows up.  Hopefully meetings will happen
> again a bit more often, so I'm not going to try to fight to find
> a time when "everyone" can "make it" to this one.  =P

Yes, I'd love to see meetings resumed.  And an "install-fest" too.

You know what meeting was really great that I wouldn't mind revisiting?  The
one where Tim Schmidt did his "Microprocessor Roundup".  For those who missed
that meeting (27 Aug 2000 if my notes are correct), he covered the major
families of microprocessors with excellent details and other info.

Not to put any pressure on Tim, but regardless of when such a meeting might
happen (e.g. later in the year), I'd be interested in hearing about the
latest developments in that area.

Bill Marr