XML tools

Ben Pfaff pfaffben@msu.edu
27 Jul 2001 10:54:18 -0400

Edward Glowacki <glowack2@msu.edu> writes:

> For example, in docbook a list item
> simplify to something like <li>text</li>.

Seems to me like something that could be cured quickly with some
appropriate editor macros or abbreviations.

> XSLT seems like the right tool for the job (when working with
> XML anyways), but I'm not really sure of which tool to use to
> do the transformation. =P

blp:~(0)$ apt-cache search xslt
caudium - An extensible WWW server written in Pike
caudium-pixsl - Pike XSLT module for Caudium
docbook-xsl-stylesheets - Stylesheets for processing DocBook XML files to HTML and FO.
libsablot0 - an XSL processor fully implemented in C++
libsablot0-dev - an XSL processor fully implemented in C++ [development]
libsoap-lite-perl - Perl5 modules for client and server side SOAP implementation
libxalan1 - Provides XSLT support for applications.
libxalan1-dev - Provides XSLT support for applications [development and docs].
libxml-libxslt-perl - Perl module for using the Gnome libxslt library
libxml-xpath-perl - Perl module for processing XPath
libxml-xslt-perl - Perl module for processing XSLT
libxslt0 - XSLT processing library
libxslt0-dev - XSLT processing library [development files]
python-4suite - FourThought XML Processing Tools for Python (1.5.x)
python2-4suite - FourThought XML Processing Tools for Python (2.0)
sablotron - an XSL processor fully implemented in C++
transformiix - An XSLT processor
xalan - XSLT processor.
xsltproc - XSLT command line processor
lib-fop-java - A [XSL] Formatting Object to PDF Translator
lib-fop-java-apidoc - API Documentation for lib-fop-java
lib-fop-java-doc - Documentation for lib-fop-java
lib-saxon-java - The Saxon XSLT Processor
libxalan-java - Java version of the Xalan XSLT processor.
libxalan2-java - Java version of the Xalan XSLT processor (transformer)
doc-html-w3 - Recommendations of the W3
blp:~(0)$

--
"The only problem with Linux for Dummies is that the advice it
 contains will result only in embarrassment and inconvenience if