Linuxconf?

Ben Pfaff pfaffben@msu.edu
07 Jun 2001 11:22:32 -0400

Edward Glowacki <glowack2@msu.edu> writes:

> Yeah, much of the backend starting/stopping is easy for various
> services.  Detecting running services might be a bit of a challenge,
> but I'm guessing "ps ax |grep" can go a long way there.

/var/run/*.pid are helpful too.

> As for tools existing, I found another one besides Linuxconf that
> seems to be much the same, called Webmin, and surprise surprise,
> it's a web-based solution... =P

I wrote a web-based tool for this purpose for my (now rather old)
PPP dialup server, also, creatively, called webmin.  Want the
code?  Simple but reliable Perl.  It's not on my laptop so I'll
have to grab it when I get home tonight.

> I just figured I'd ask before I spend a weekend writing code to
> do something like this (since it would probably expand once I got
> going on it... ;) ).

Feeping creaturitis here we come.
--
Aim to please, shoot to kill.