Grr!

Ben Pfaff pfaffben@msu.edu
11 Jun 2001 17:35:54 -0400

Edward Glowacki <glowack2@msu.edu> writes:

> Quoted from Ben Pfaff on Mon, Jun 11, 2001 at 05:25:37PM -0400:
> > Edward Glowacki <glowack2@msu.edu> writes:
> >
> > > OK, the new laptop is here and I'm trying to install Debian on it
> > > by booting from a DOS boot disk, then running loadlin from my WinME
> > > partition.  Unfortunately it kernel panics because it can't mount
> > > the root FS.
> >
> > This is confusing.  Have you installed already, or not?
>
> Have not installed yet, trying to do that now.  From section 6.3.1
> in the debian installation manual, "It is possible to install Debian
> from an already installed DOS partition on the same machine. You
> have two alternatives: either try the floppy-less installation, or
> boot from the Rescue Floppy but install base from the local disk."
> I'm trying the floppy-less installation... =P

Yow, I see.  In that case, what's the message that it gives when
it panics.  In particular what device numbers does it list?  It
probably gives a pair of hex numbers like XX:YY.
--
"There's only one thing that will make them stop hating you.
 And that's being so good at what you do that they can't ignore you.