Grr!

Edward Glowacki glowack2@msu.edu
Mon, 11 Jun 2001 17:49:54 -0400

Quoted from Ben Pfaff on Mon, Jun 11, 2001 at 05:35:54PM -0400:
> Edward Glowacki <glowack2@msu.edu> writes:
>
> > Quoted from Ben Pfaff on Mon, Jun 11, 2001 at 05:25:37PM -0400:

> > > This is confusing.  Have you installed already, or not?
> >
> > Have not installed yet, trying to do that now.  From section 6.3.1
> > in the debian installation manual, "It is possible to install Debian
> > from an already installed DOS partition on the same machine. You
> > have two alternatives: either try the floppy-less installation, or
> > boot from the Rescue Floppy but install base from the local disk."
> > I'm trying the floppy-less installation... =P
>
> Yow, I see.  In that case, what's the message that it gives when
> it panics.  In particular what device numbers does it list?  It
> probably gives a pair of hex numbers like XX:YY.

It doesn't give errors anymore because I broke down and made myself
some boot floppies. =P

Have another question though about running stuff on laptops.
Specifically suspend-to-disk.  From what I can tell, you need
unallocated free space at the beginning of the disk, and it must
be of sufficient size to hold all the physical RAM you have, correct?
If this is the case, then I'm kinda hosed and need to reinstall
WinME too, because there's not enough free space at the beginning
of the disk to accomodate the extra RAM I'm going to add tonight...
=P

--
Edward Glowacki				glowack2@msu.edu
GLLUG Peon  				http://www.gllug.org