How (or can) I ---

Paul_Melson@keykertusa.com Paul_Melson@keykertusa.com
Wed, 27 Jun 2001 11:49:06 -0400

>You could run Xvnc so it has a virtual X server in the background, run
>wine path/to/program -display localhost:howeveryouconnecttoXvnc and you
>can use a vnc client to view and check up on it if you want.

Wow!  Good idea!  The only thing I would add is when launching WINE to an
Xvnc display, you should also use the `--desktop WWWxHHH` and `--managed`
switches with it also, or else you may end up with windows outside of the
display boundary.  If you hate WINE's built-in wm, you could just launch
your preferred wm to the same display immediately following it.  The added
benefit to using VNC would be that the display could also be viewed from a
Mac or Win32 system elsewhere on the network.

PaulM