installing red hat 7.1

Ben Pfaff pfaffben@msu.edu
06 May 2001 23:10:36 -0400

"Joshua S. Chulski" <jchulski@yahoo.com> writes:

[...X problems...]

> Here is a brief description of what it looked like.
> The mouse pointer was a rather larger square, and the
> icons on the side looked like shadows.  The background
> looks like it was in 256 color mode, ony there are no
> colors.
>
> To fix the mouse cursor, I added a Option "sw_cursor"
> into the /etc/X11/XConfig-4, only this gave me a mouse
> cursor that was unusable--but it looked nice--and no
> improvement in my desktop.  Then I added the Option
> "nodri" into the same file, only to no avail.

What comes up on the screen besides the mouse cursor?  What does
the background look like?  In particular, do you have only a gray
background or is there something else on the screen too?

How is X being started: automatically at boot or some other way?
--
"...dans ce pays-ci il est bon de tuer de temps en temps un amiral
 pour encourager les autres."