@Home installation

Edward Glowacki glowack2@msu.edu
Tue, 2 Oct 2001 11:26:54 -0400

OK, I'm halfway through signing up for AT&T @Home to try it out
for 3 months, and I'm suddenly scared at all the things it sounds
like they want to do:

"Have a licensed copy of the original Operating System software
and/or recovery disk."
"Pull your machine approximately 3 feet from the wall."
"Make sure the cable outlet is five feet from the computer."
"Computer must have only one operating system installed."

Is it enough to just say to the tech, "Get the modem working, I'll
do my own software, thankyouverymuch?"  Also, as far as buying vs.
renting a cable modem, they say you can save $10/mo if you provide
your own modem, does that include the first 3 months at $19.95
(making them $9.95)?  And did I read the LUG list correctly that
you just need to run DHCP with a hostname option to connect?

--
Edward Glowacki				glowack2@msu.edu
GLLUG Peon  				http://www.gllug.org