@Home installation

steven collins admin@grumpybat.net
02 Oct 2001 11:50:45 -0400

> Is it enough to just say to the tech, "Get the modem working, I'll
> do my own software, thankyouverymuch?"

yup. We've got 7 computers in the apt here and the cable guy took one
look around and said "I'll just hook this thing up. You guys can take
care of the rest right?"
We even ran our own cable.

> Also, as far as buying vs.
> renting a cable modem, they say you can save $10/mo if you provide
> your own modem, does that include the first 3 months at $19.95
> (making them $9.95)?

No idea on that one.

And did I read the LUG list correctly that
> you just need to run DHCP with a hostname option to connect?

correct. It's to bad they're filtering port 80 otherwise I'd have no
complaints about @home.

-steven
www.grumpybat.net	| GAIM- SuperEliteDorx0r
                	| ICQ-	55173409