Open Source --- September's TechConnect --- NEW LOCATION !!!! (fwd)

Paul_Melson@keykertusa.com Paul_Melson@keykertusa.com
Thu, 6 Sep 2001 15:15:41 -0400

>The only thing Richard Stallman would have to say about open
>source is how it differs from free software.  It does not make
>sense to invite RMS to speak about open source.

Fair enough.  It was my understanding, though, that LCoC/TechConnect had
made plans to invite Rich Stallman and/or Eric Raymond to speak..?  I knew
that Mr. Raymond had declined early on, but I had also been told (by a
TechConnect member just 2-3 weeks ago, right before the HIPAA meeting) that
Stallman was going to be there?  Sound familiar to anyone?  Mark?

PaulM