[GLLUG] Apache-SSL

Melson, Paul PMelson@sequoianet.com
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 13:21:42 -0400

Cool!  Glad to hear it!

If I understand Apache httpd.conf syntax correctly, the only caveat to
this is that the LoadModule directive for libssl must occur before the
first SSLEngine (or any SSL*) directive is issued, but it's only needed
once.  If you have other <VirtualHost> directives above the one you're
testing in the httpd.conf file, you could potentially run into this
problem again if you were to configure them for SSL as well.

PaulM

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Szumlinski [mailto:szumlins@msu.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, April 17, 2002 12:55 PM
To: Lansing Linux User Group
Cc: Melson, Paul
Subject: Re: [GLLUG] Apache-SSL

I didn't have the <IfDefine> tag in my conf file. After adding the
virtual
host within that tag it seems to be working. I'm just waiting for MSU's
hostmaster to add the DNS entry for the virtual host so I can test it
out.

-Mike

On 4/17/02 11:37 AM, "Melson, Paul" <PMelson@sequoianet.com> wrote:

> Mike, I don't know if you're still having problems w/ Apache &
mod_ssl,
> but another thing that you can check is to run `httpd -V` to verify
that
> it was compiled with the -HAVE_SSL switch.  If not, a recompile of
> Apache is probably in order.  Hope that helps!
>
> PaulM

|Mike Szumlinski           |
|Michigan State University |
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a
habit"

-Aristotle