[GLLUG] My recruitment efforts

Jeff Lawton jeff@idealso.com
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 10:35:59 -0400

Getting this started sooner will give each presenter more time to prepare. I
propose Wednesday May 1st, If this is too soon for the majority perhaps
Thursday the 9th or Wednesday the 8th Rogers is not available on the 8th and
he said he would like to be involved.

Jeff Lawton
Ideal Solution, LLC
Providing Unfair Advantages
517-669-4235 tel
517-669-6969 fax
www.idealso.com

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-user-admin@egr.msu.edu [mailto:linux-user-admin@egr.msu.edu]On
Behalf Of Dpk
Sent: Friday, April 26, 2002 5:34 PM
To: Jeff Lawton
Cc: Sean; Daniel R. Kilbourne; Karen Ueberroth; linux-user@egr.msu.edu
Subject: Re: [GLLUG] My recruitment efforts

On Fri, Apr 26, 2002 at 09:56:37AM -0400, Jeff Lawton wrote:

   Sean is correct. UNIX is a huge subject. I am willing to lead a
   group to build a curriculum, then people could select sections to
   present. I see this as a way of getting these "kids" interested in
   UNIX and giving them some resources so they can start playing with
   it on there own and/or join a GLLUG to learn more.

   It seems that there are around 10 people interested in working on
   this: Sean; Daniel R. Kilbourne, Dpk, Jeff Lawton, Jeffrey Utter,
   Brad Fears, Matt Graham, Brian Hoort, and few people at the meeting
   and I don't remember there names so if I left anyone out, please
   post.

   We could meet a my house or possibly at LCC

I prefer a house over a college campus and would be happy to meet and
discuss this further.  Let me know when it is convenient for you all.

I have a few ideas regarding appropriate content and quantity for the
audience, but can wait until we meet.

Dennis