[GLLUG] RE: General programming question

Alex Nelson anelson@ansoftcomputing.com
Fri, 02 Aug 2002 00:16:58 -0400

Here is my undervalued opinion. (Still worth more than my stock
options.... :( )

Go with Postgresql. If you dont need the locking yet, you will soon
enough. And the replication issues you mentioned lean even more in favor
of Postgres.

PHP is good. I like it. Great for quick and dirty. Not bad for moderate
size. But JSP and servlets beats it for real application development.
Look at Tomcat for the JSP and servlet side. Look into Struts for help
on the framework. I have just completed a reporting package for a client
using them and it rocks. Send me an email if you want more details or
need more information.

-Alex