[GLLUG] X Window Managers

Andre E. Purdy andre@fhai.com
Fri, 13 Dec 2002 13:36:32 -0500

Actually, Apple allegedly has OS X ready to go for the PC but they're not letting anyone have it.
Check this out for the full story:

Sounds like we're stuck with GNOME or KDE for now (not that that's such a bad thing).

-Andre

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Donahue [mailto:donahu16@pdonahue.com]

Greetings GLLUG,

I'm a long time member but have been in lurker mode for quite some
time...

So I am troubled to say that I have been drawn in by the GUIness and
overall tasty look and feel of OS X. The only reason I am willing to
admit this is due to OS X's obvious linux backend.

So my issue is.. I want MY linux box to be as sexy and GUI (proounced
gooey) as OS X. I dig the sweet little animations, taskbar and such.

However.. I run debian. I love debian, I am not rich and cannot to drop
serious cash on a fast mac and have lots of PC's.

Does anyone know of any window managers that are extremely close to OS
X's (I forget what it's actually called right now) or know of a hack to
get X's running on XFree 4.0?

I feel in a bit of a rut as I have been using WindowMaker for the past
5 years, and although I'm happy with it, it's lost it's WOW factor.

TIA,

Paul Donahue
www.pdonahue.com