[GLLUG] cdrecord slows machine

Brad Fears brad@mtsdev.com
09 Oct 2002 06:59:25 -0400

It appears to be an IDE device emulating SCSI (built-in to my laptop,
/dev/scd0), but the output of lsmod is a bit confusing to me:

ide-scsi               10512   0
scsi_mod              107176   3  [sg sr_mod ide-scsi]
ide-cd                 33608   0
cdrom                  33696   0  [sr_mod ide-cd]

And here are the relevant lines from dmesg:

scsi0 : SCSI host adapter emulation for IDE ATAPI devices
  Vendor: MATSHITA  Model: UJDA330           Rev: 1.50
  Type:   CD-ROM                             ANSI SCSI revision: 02

I can't set the DMA mode, which I would suspect is a result of the SCSI
emulation.