[GLLUG] Looking for ISP

steven collins scollins@thegeekery.com
25 Oct 2002 20:21:44 -0400

On Fri, 2002-10-25 at 16:00, Matt Graham wrote:w
> I don't remember how expensive it was (yay for cablemodems!) but
> Voyager.net was easy to get working.  No weird protocols, and the tech
> support didn't freak out when I said, "I'm running Linux, can you tell
> me whether you're using PAP or CHAP or MS-CHAP, and what's the IP
> address for your DNS machine?"  Set up kppp (wvdial would also work)
> with that info, connected fine.
>
> I haven't used them for a year and a half, things may have changed, but
> I never had a problem with them.  YMMV.

That's kinda neat. I still train some of the n00bs on nix when they get
hired into dial-up TS. And believe it or not there are even some real
nix users in dial-up support.

-steven
   grumpybat.net	|   GAIM: SuperEliteDorx0r
   thegeekery.com	|   ICQ:  55173409
   networkofone.com	|   YIM:  grumpybat
"The internet is an imperfect place..."