[GLLUG] Linux and ATTBI Question

Brian Hoort hoortbri@msu.edu
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 11:07:02 -0400

Hmmm. Well if you switched NICs, the MAC address would change -- so they
can't be registering MAC addresses if you can switch NICs--that's the way
MSU works. You have to register a MAC with a MSU email address.

I've had several others tell me DHCP just worked at their house, they just
plugged in their LinkSYS routers and all was good -- which seems weird
policy in this age of litigation and reduced civil liberties. I would think
there would be a registration of sorts as you suggested. I wonder if they
aren't consistent across their newly purchased net?

I'll post an answer to the list when I get it working.