[GLLUG] your favorite softwares, and distros

Jeff Lawton jeff@idealso.com
28 Feb 2003 02:46:10 -0500

For a simple and flexible linux distro I recommend knoppix it is based
on Debian so you get the advantages of the apt system and auto detects
most software. Once you boot off the CD open a shell and type in

sudo /usr/local/bin/knx-hdinstall

you will be prompted with dialog boxes that walk you through the install
process. one point however you will need at least 2.5GB of space for the
install and on the first boot you will need to change the language from
German to English unless you type in

knoppix lang=us

at the boot prompt of the CD boot. For a full how to go to:

http://www.freenet.org.nz/misc/knoppix-install.html