[GLLUG] Building a new system

Melson, Paul PMelson at sequoianet.com
Fri Jul 25 11:44:31 EDT 2003

It always blows my mind when I hear someone say that BIND named is still
the most widely used nameserver on the Internet.  The same with
Sendmail.  Both fine systems, but both are so very counterintuitive when
it comes to configuration.

But beyond complaining about cryptic config files, are there specific
questions that people have?  I've had reasonable success with BIND in
the past and I feel like I could probably answer a question or two (so
long as it's not on automating reverse lookup updates for dynamically
addressed hosts).

PaulM