[GLLUG] computer science schools in michigan

Shawn Paige paig2956@yahoo.com
Tue, 11 Mar 2003 05:23:40 -0800 (PST)

Jonah-

I would also suggest that you check out Kettering
University (former called GMI) in Flint.  I am biased
because I graduated from there, but its main
distinction is that it is a co-op school.  By being a
co-op school, you do three months of school, followed
by three months of work, all of the way through the
program.  Other schools may offer internships, but
those are only in the summer, or not until your senior
or junior year.

I started the program as an undecided engieer and
graduated with a computer science degree thanks to the
work that I did at my first co-op job.  You also
graduate with 2-3 years experience as well as your bs
degree.  You can check them out on the web at
http://www.kettering.edu.  It costs more as it is a
private school, but it also has the advantage of very
small class sizes and decent professors.  The
curriculum has slightly changed since I left, but you
are also required to complete a thesis (at your co-op
job) as a senior in order to receive your degree.
Feel free to e-mail me back if you have any
questions...

Best of luck!
Shawn